Nether Largie South Cairn by munki-boy
This magnificent ruined castle, is the former home of the first Protestant Bishop of the Isles. The castle was built as a single structure between 1565 and 1572 by John Carswell, and apart from some changes to the windows in the south wall made in 1681, it remained virtually unaltered.
Ri Cruin Cairn is part of the linear cemetery, just over a mile of burial cairns, running north to south in Kilmartin Glen. There are five large, round cairns dating to the late Neolithic and Bronze Age. It stands in the middle of a copse of trees, about 1.5 miles south of Kilmartin, in Argyll.