A monument built by James Harrison to mark Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee in 1887. The tower has a viewing platform on top that is reached by an external staircase and provides wide views of the surrounding landscape and out to sea.
In 1973 when the small car park opposite Jubilee Tower was under construction a rare 7th Century burial was discovered. The remains where laid to rest inside a hollowed tree trunk and wrapped in a wooled cloth that was remarkably well preserved.
The artifacts are now kept in Lancaster City Museum.